Venue & Hotel
This year's meeting will be held at the University of Utah Guest House, located on the University of Utah campus overlooking the Salt Lake Valley and just 20 minutes from the Salt Lake International Airport.
We have been able to get excellent room rates...especially in the middle of ski season! Rates start at just $95.
110 South Fort Douglas Boulevard
Salt Lake City, UT 84113-5036
- Airport: The Salt Lake International Airport (SLC) is a hub for Delta Airlines and has several flights a day by Southwest, United and other airlines.
- Train/Bus: Amtrak and Greyhound have regular service to Salt Lake Central Station where passengers can transfer to the local transit system to get to the University.
- Car: The University of Utah is conveniently located a short distance from both I-80 and I-15, providing easy access from most of the Southwest Region.
- More information, including maps from the airport, is available at www.universityguesthouse.com/Location-Transportation
Those staying at the guest house can park in the parking lot adjacent to the hotel. All others should park at the Officer's Club parking lot just south of the Guest House (See map below).
- The University Guest House is a short walk across a pedestrian bridge to the TRAX light-rail Fort Douglas station on the Red Line, which goes directly downtown, connecting to other TRAX, train and bus lines that run throughout the Salt Lake Valley. See www.rideuta.com for details.
- In addition, there are low-cost UTA Ski-Buses that run from the University to Snowbird and Alta ski resorts, or with transfer to other resorts. (www.rideuta.com)
301 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108 (map)
"Experience Utah's natural history from the ground up! The new Natural History Museum of Utah at the Rio Tinto Center is an architecture wonder filled with fascinating artifacts, jaw-dropping dinosaurs, amazing science and breathtaking views of the Salt Lake Valley. Start your Utah adventure at the Natural History Museum of Utah." (www.visitsaltlake.com)
410 Campus Center Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 (map)
"Utah's official state art museum, the UMFA showcases more than 5,000 years of human creativity and over 18,000 objects from around the globe. Visitors enjoy traveling exhibitions, artist talks, films, and family activities." (www.visitsaltlake.com)
50 NW Temple Street Salt Lake City, UT 84150 (map)
"The centerpiece of this beautifully landscaped 10-acre plot in the heart of downtown is the 6-spired Salt Lake Temple. Also on the Square is the domed Tabernacle, home of the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir; the Assembly Hall where free concerts are given most weekends; 2 visitor centers; 2 one-hour films: Legacy and The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd. Free tours are given daily in 30 languages, and start every few minutes at the flagpole." (www.visitsaltlake.com)
50 South Main Street Salt Lake City UT 84101 (map)
"In the heart of Salt Lake City, City Creek Center is the retail centerpiece of one of the nation's largest mixed-use downtown redevelopment projects. This unique shopping environment features a retractable glass roof, fountain shows, waterfalls and a creek that runs through the property. A full service customer service desk offers travel information and a savings booklets for out of state visitors." (www.visitsaltlake.com)